Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

Universal Pipework offers Landlords or Propery Agents a Gas Safety inspection service.


As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants.  You must ensure that appliances are working correctly and guard against the dangers of carbon monoxide.

Therefore, every rental property that has any sort of gas appliance, whether it be a central heating boiler or a gas stove or even a gas fire, requires a Gas Safety Certificate.  These certificates can only be issued by a technician registered with the Gas Safe Register. All our engineers are registered with the Gas Safe Register.


We carry out a range of checks for a Gas Safety Inspection Service.

  • Check for good ventilation.
  • Check all appliances for gas soundness.
  • Check standing and working pressure/gas rate against manufacturer's data plate.
  • Test flue flow.
  • Check operation of all flame failure devices.
  • Check for stability and effectiveness of brackets.
  • Ensure that the person responsible for the applicance is made aware if the appliance is unsafe.
  • A soundness test is carried out on the full system, for a Gas Safety Certificate to be issue.